Saturday, July 26

Funny Story.

So...

Ready for this?

At the coffee shop we open at 6am. That means I try to arrive around 5:30am to prep and open.

I'm scheduled to open today, Saturday.

I arrive a couple minutes late because the world's longest train decided to STOP over the road I was taking.

So I'm stressed, right? Being late for work isn't exactly good.

I get here and manage to get everything ready and I open the store right at 6am.

Go me!

So then I start prep work. Slicing meat, cutting onions, etc.

Around 6:30am I became suspicious.

You see, the owner usually comes in at 6am and does a couple things I can't (like moving the picnic tables outside).

And then it hits me.

It's Saturday.

Don't coffee shops usually open later on Saturdays?

They would have mentioned that, right?

I decide to check the hours on the door.

SATURDAY: 8AM-8PM

I guess I don't have to worry about being "late."

I was, in fact, two hours early.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "over-achiever" doesn't it?

3 comments:

KB said...

i find this ridiculously funny. =)

Asher said...

my boss laughed when he found out. like, laughed laughed. And said, "well, at least I'll never be able to accuse you of being late!"

ha!

yeeeeep. :-)

Rachel said...

this particular memory will be chiseled in my brain forever. and i fricken love it.

and i love you too!! :)