Tuesday, September 16

Balance [and discipline] Brings Freedom

Sunday I started to tweak out. After my first day with fifty6 I went home. I needed to rest. But being alone seemed to aggrevivate my state. The past two weeks have just been a constant "GOGOGO!!" and I don't mind that so much. I love to be busy. And it's helped me to become more disciplined. I get up at 7am at the latest every day to chill and breathe. Sometimes I write, other times I read, and sometimes I just sit alone in a dark and quiet room.

You see, when I took the myers briggs most recently, I scored just barely (like 2) on the extroversion scale. What this means is that I can swing between extroversion and introversion. So I need my quiet.

After that I'm off to work for a good 10hrs. Afterwards I'm typically exhausted and the extent of my social life is chillin in the living room with Greg and Christine.

Did I mention that I like to get out and have fun?

Sunday I was able to track down a friend and we watched a movie and had dark choc hot chocolate... topped with about half a can of whipped cream. It was amazing. And I was able to breathe. And as I breathed physically I felt myself breathe in every other way, as well.

And last night I got together (randomly) with Megan. We grabbed a bite to eat, chit chatted, and went to the $3.50 movies and saw get smart. Hilarious. And again I breathed. And laughed.

What I've realized, once more, is that it's not enough to just "get things done." I need, and I suspect others do as well, to make balance a priority in my life. When I fail to make balance a priority I'm not the only one who suffers. My workers suffer, my boss suffers, my friends, my community, and even my relationship with God, because I'm living as though the tasks are eternal, and not relationships.

So balance... and the discipline to maintain balance... will be where my freedom is found. Making feeding the I and the E within me a priority. And protecting those I care about from a out-of-shalom Asher, as well.

Grace and Peace, my friends. Grace and peace.

0 comments: