Wednesday, January 28

Ancient Snippets 01

Two days ago I was reading through my old journals because I believe that remembering where I've been is essential to moving forward. I found some thoughts that struck me and left me wondering where this younger version of me went.

"God has been chasing me. In my fear and ignorance I resist, holding out as though my deliverer is my captor. As I learn to breathe again I let go of the fear that separates me from the love my father has for me. If only I could love as he did. If only I could look at another and see what he sees, without needing to ask forgiveness and then look again, then... then I believe I would know, truly, what "abundant life" is."

"...And despite our rebellious tantrums, God's love loves on, frustrating our feeble attempts to prove to the almighty that we are in no need of his enduring affection."

"Life's most intimate moments are sometimes the most quiet and reserved, lacking glitz, glam, and the recognition of man."

"Beauty radiates; Shining from the most secret places. The glistening of an eye, the joy of exuberant laughter, the kindness of touch"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) You're a great writer.
2) I wish I can write as good as you when I grow up.
3) You should write a book. Seriously.
4) Seriously. I would read it. And like it.
5) Where's the new header at?
6) Did I embarrass you? I wasn't trying to. I just wanted to use you as an example of what excellent writing looked like. And what inspired me to try to write better (instead of the way I do in my journals).
7) The word verification thing says "reffes" What is that?