Sunday, January 25

Creativity

In my journey towards being a free-creative-person
(I was going to say, "thinker," but it's so much more than that)

I've noticed a thing or two about myself, in regards to creativity.

  • When I get an idea I must write it down, immediately, or it's gone. (a fact that is annoying...)
  • I can very rarely do creativity-on-demand in a group setting, but alone or with one or two others I do just fine
  • TV is an absolute killer of creativity
  • Whenever I compare my creativity to another's creativity I lose my ability to be creative
  • I fear judgment
  • my ideas are usually so ridiculously out-there that I don't share them, even when Im asked, because people just look at me funny, so I get nervous and fumble through it.
  • As far as I can tell, EARLY mornings and evenings are the best times for me, creatively/writing-wise. But I don't generally get up EARLY these days.
  • I look at buildings and objects and see what could be; alternative uses and solutions
What have you realized about yourself on your own creative journey?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that my most creative thoughts come while I'm trying to fall asleep (which is quite annoying actually, especially when you need to wake up early in the morning), driving late at night (perhaps my body is also trying to fall asleep during this time), or when I should be paying attention to something else (school, church, driving, sleeping, etc.).

Thanks for being creative!

Asher said...

:=) thank YOU for being Super-show Ryan...