Saturday, January 24

I'm Old...

I'm talking with one of "my" students. We've been hanging out/doing the mentoring thing since she was 14. Here's a little excerpt of our conversation that proves she's growing and we're developing the friendship side of things as she get's older (she starts at CU in the fall!)

[discussing table etiqute for tonight as she dines with the boyfriend's parents]

me

...and just know you have [me] who is crazy about you, no matter what

3:58pm -her

yay i feel so much better...all i have to remember is keep my elbows off the table, not to speak with my mouth full, and to close my mouth when chewing

3:58pm- Asher

and watch your pinky!
and use ma'am and sir

3:59pm -her

ohh yeah and not to talk about politics or religion because i did that once and i was completely wrong... yes ma'am

3:59pmAsher

good call. way to practice! ...but Im totally not old enough to be a ma'am

4:00pm- her

you...totally [are] old enough. what are u like 25[?]

4:00pmAsher

now I feel like I should have gray hair, my hair in a bun, and reading glasses
Im gonna go cry now

4:00pm- her

right on!

0 comments: