Monday, March 30

Sand


when I was an intern I was responsible for lots of different things. I helped restructure the small groups, trained leaders, led my own group, taught high schoolers and junior highers, planned events, built relationships, and on and on...

It truly was a great experience that made me fall in love with student ministry all the more.

My greatest task though was planning, organizing, and leading our fall leadership retreat. We took our student and adult leaders away for a weekend. (only about half came) It was a great experience for all of us. I realized how much I love teaching and that I am actually pretty good at it... (although I was completely drained at the end of it!!)

I just got this email from one of "my" student leaders that was there:

Remember the leadership retreat you were put in charge of? You know I still have that bag of sand, and I still think about the lesson that you taught us?
I wanted you to know that :)


Thanks dude, seriously.

0 comments: