Thursday, April 9

Maunday Thursday

Tonight I...

  • quartered 10lbs of potatoes
  • crushed 1lb of walnuts with a hammer
  • chopped 5lbs of apples into bite sized peices
  • boiled 4 dozen eggs
  • washed + cut roughly 3 lbs of romain lettace (our not so orthodox version of a "bitter herb")
  • tried a hard-boiled egg for the first time since I was a child
  • and played the role of a 12-year-old jewish boy
  • started coughing so hard I turned purple and was made fun of... so then I started laughing so hard (while coughing) that I couldnt breathe, all in the middle of an ancient ceremony...

Yep... I went to/helped prepare for my first seder, ever. It was great. (pictures may be on the way)

Today, I also babysat, bought new windshield wipers, found new shoes (man, Im so thankful for new shoes! My right toe box gave out and my foot was getting wet all the time and I was tripping and falling so much more because of the loose rubber), was given a seriously belated christmas present of a travel mug with a loose leaf tea compartment + loose leaf swiss water decaf earl gray tea... mmm (sweet present! seriously!)

As if that weren't enough, I fell onto heather's head in the middle of the shoe store, took 4 hours to get from grand rapids to our destination in cedar springs (due to all sorts of random things heather forgot or her parents needed, etc...). Battled heather in a balance fight. (Thank you kung fu + horse stance; they couldnt budge me). And my blondest moment of the night: I was setting all the matzos out on trays and without thinking I ate a broken piece. "MmMmm... "I thought, and ate another piece. "wow, I haven't had something like this in so long!" And then it hit me: "duh! the reason why is because it has GLUTEN in it." Well done, Asher. Well done. Oh well, my head and jaw hurts some, but it's not horrible. At least I realized what I was doing before I ate a lot. Last week I had a bunch of something I didn't realize contained gluten and was sooo miserable about 45 minutes later. I was annoyed; I had no idea what was wrong. So, there I am, sitting in my roommate's allergists office (oddly enough, we were there so she could get her allergy shots) and I put my head on the point of her shoulder and said, "oohhh... that feels sooooo goood." So then I held each side of my jaw, which was also killing me, and the pain eased up. My roommate looked at me, "Asher it sounds like you're having an allergic reaction... what did you eat?" So I told her. "Asher, those have GLUTEN in them, lots of it." Oh man.

Well, now I know. And I am totally off to bed after an insanely busy day. I cant wait for saturday. I want to sabbath soooo bad...

Gooooooood night...

0 comments: