Monday, August 14

Emotionally Drained

I... am exhausted...

Friday I hung out with Wagy and then later Deats...

Saturday Elysia came down and we went shopping and she also gave me my graduation present, a french press, braverian dutch chocolate coffee (yay coffee!) and a HUGE eraser that read, "for REALLY big mistakes" it made me smile... and laugh...

Then Brad swung by and brought Aza as a surprise... it was pretty great.. we played euchre and I made them coffee with my new french press... it was muy fun... they left a little after 2am and Elysia and I went to bed... only, I couldnt fall asleep. I literally saw 530am... and 6am... and then I decided to just lay in bed with my eyes closed until 730am until I had to get up to go to Keystone to speak... yep. As Im getting ready, Elysia's got a copy of my teaching and Im running through it with her. I couldnt get through a sentence without asking her what was next... she stopped me and told me that I needed to find someone to pray with me at the church. I was prepared.... I'd been preparing for a few weeks... I just couldnt get it out!

So, off to the church I went... and Keystone does a runthru before the service and even during the runthru I wasnt doing very good. Poor Kyle. He was probably wondering what in the world was wrong with me.

The service started and I walked out on cue and started talking... and it just... went well. Very well. I had a man pull me aside right afterwards and tell me that he does public speaking for a living and that I did an amazing job. Person after person was pulling me aside and either telling me how well I did or sharing their story with me. I eventually tried to hide in the bathroom... it didn't work. I was discovered. lol. I also had people asking me if I'd spoken about this elsewhere and I told them no... and they couldn't believe it. Weird. so weird.

Second service I was less nervous and got a similar response afterwards. It was overwhelming!

Elysia, Aza, Wagy, Deats, and Brad all came to see me speak and then we went to Sami's gyros' for lunch and there Aza, Wagy & I had a great conversation where I realized that I had been trying shove at least 10 people in my "intimate box" (if you dont know what Im talking about, Im sorry, ask me later). Wagy left and Aza and I continued the conversation. It was good to realize and with me moving to NH Im in a really good position to move people out. We were also able to address how it happened, which is great, so I know how to keep it from happening again.

After that, Aza and I went back to my place where Elysia was waiting for me. We hung out some more, had another good discussion, and then Elysia and I had to say goodbye.... yeah, talk about hard...

Then Aza & I went to Rebekah & Bambi's where apparently they had tried to throw a party for me... only lots of people had to work and such. But it was still a great time. We played a couple games and had good food... yay... around 1am (keep in mind, it's now 1am Monday d I've been up since about 7am Saturday) I decide it's time to go home and go to bed. So, I say some more goodbyes... and then I cried. Yep. for a grand total of... 5 minutes, maybe? Rough stuff, I tell ya.

Here's the layout for the rest of the week:

Today
-drop computer off to tech support
-take my 15 year old cousin to the movies
-hang out with cousin
-meet with brad to move my dresser over to wagy's
-packing of the car/cleaning of the room

Tuesday
-laundry
-cleaning
-buying a pair of jeans (my last pair recently died)
-Lunch with the ever wonderful Christine for out last 1-1 (my mentor!)-1130am
-Visit Keystone to say goodbye
-out to cedar springs to hang out with my "adopted" family

Wednesday
-finishing touches on the packing of the car
-checking of the fluid levels
-Lunch & chill time w/Rebekah (12-2)
-leave for Chicago to pick up Kristin (3:30)
-Leave Chi-town (6ish)
-Drive through the night

Thursday
-Drive
-Arrive at Boylston Home (somewhere early afternoon, probably)
-move in
-sleep

Friday
-Take Kristin to the airport (5am-ish)
-Sleep, sleep, sleep

Saturday & Sunday
Work...

I... yeah... :)

-Asher

0 comments: