So, okay, tonight was orientation, right...
So, ya know, it's good to make a good impression and support the company you work for... and to not point out, perhaps, the potentially negative aspects of your new place... right?
Well, leave it to me... oh, Asher...
So we're doing this thing that's suppose to orient us with the company and their values, ways and target audiences.
As we're reading off the target audience profiles, some of them made people look pretty bad, and they had target profiles from babies to "cheap neighbor" and anyway, having some experience in marketing, I said, to some it up for my fellow orienteers, who looked confused/flabbergasted, "It's just good marketing, get them while their babies and suck um for a lifetime...."
While I didn't mean it negatively at all, I had a manager behind me at that very moment (we had been alone until then) and gave me this look of shock and awe.... man o man, I was pretty embarrassed. I had said it bluntly, but in no way meant it to be a bad thing. It's true, and it is very effective marketing.
Oi, they laughed very hard at me.
And if that wasn't;t enough, I thought today was Thursday and went to the Well, only to walk in on an NA meeting... talk about embarrassing... oi...
-Asher
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment