The goodness of God amazes me. Sure, I struggle with an opposing idea of God that depicts Him as a mean kid chasing after ants with a magnifying glass, but I know the truth, just the same:
God is good; He loves His children dearly, and works all things together for their benefit & His glory. He would do absolutely everything He could to bring us to Himself once again. He longs desperately, as only a father could for His child, to comfort His beloved and wipe away our tears. I also understand and rejoice in the idea that I do not need to invite God to be with me, He is already here, closer than my humanness can comprehend. I bring joy to Him when I am discovering and growing; searching out truth in all its beauty.
There was a moment at the Well this evening when Alex, Jordan, & I were talking, that I was overcome by the sense that we were bring God elated joy as we shared with each other the things that God is revealing to us; it was overwhelming, really. The atmosphere and moment so precious that we could only acknowledge and rejoice in it further. We were pleasing our Father. Not because we had discovered some amazing truth for the first time in history or because we sounded intelligent, but because we were authentically honest with one another as we moved forward, both individually and communally in our search for the mysteries of God:
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing but the honor of kings to search it out -Prov 25:2
To search it out... not to find, but to search is what caught my attention. I am sure there is some value in the finding, but the process of finding, especially when done with community, is so incredibly inspiring to me; the edification of one's family, their friends, their neighbors; the people they love and adore. That is not something I would trade for the "privilege" of forging my own way, of being the lone ranger, for existing without accountability.
I pray earnestly that God would bless us in our efforts to discover Him and His creation without defiling the beauty that is His mystery, and that He would continue to use my loved ones to aid in my journey towards truth.
-Asher

0 comments:
Post a Comment