Thursday, December 21

Enough!

In the past year...
(not exhaustive)

  • I've been an intern & left my internship
  • lost my job, 3 times over
  • watched good friends get engaged, marry, end their relationship, & divorce
  • touched a darkness I didn't know existed
  • faced my biggest fears
  • graduated college (the only place I've ever felt at home)
  • been in danger of living on the streets
  • moved across the country... twice
  • gotten lied to by my employers
  • lost friends because I've stood up for myself
  • changed my views on lots of stuff
  • left my home church
  • lost more friends
  • gained a new core group of friends
  • been sick for 2.5 months straight (and counting)
  • put up with never ending discrimination...
  • watched friends run around in hopeless circles...
I'm just... tired... could we have a break, please? All I want is a wee bit of peace & quiet...

It never happens, no matter how hard I try...

-Asher

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And watching someone trying to reverse a car 50 times...and also praying at the same time she did not back into your car.

Anonymous said...

Peace will come, sister, and what Peace it shall be..... :)

KB said...

My advice: don't visit friends (or family) with newborns who are teething. Love from Germany!