Tuesday, February 6

Ashley's 20th

Last night we celebrated Ashley turning 20! YAY!!! Jordan and I had been busting out butts for the past two weeks trying to plan everything and make it perfect... and wow, we had one stress-filled Monday to cap it off!!

Meijer was CRAZY!!! And when I'm as stressed as I was and we're winging it like we were, Meijer isn't the greatest of ideas... lol. We survived, though, and then had two hours to cook everything.

Jordan made this amazing Spinach & Tortellini soup that we served as the first course.

I made, from scratch (I've never made a cake from scratch), a chocolate velvet cake with homemade cream cheese frosting. It was pretty much great! We did this second because the main dish wasn't done. We had Edy's French Silk Ice cream with it.

And for the main dish we made lasagna. One blond and one traditional. We just kinda "winged" it with the blond, too. It turned out AMAZING.

Discovery of the night: Jordan & I are really good at cooking!

We surprised her with a scrapbook full of letters from her favorite people and quotes from our favorite books, and watched a movie together.

YAY for a successful party for the ever-beautiful Ashley Pearce!!!

-Asher

0 comments: