Sunday, February 4

Holy Snow!

WOW! Not cool, cot cool at all.

So, My understanding is that there was a car pile-up in Grand Rapids yesterday with numbers in the 50-70 cars. Yikes. This happened on 131 South, just a couple miles north from where I went to school. More here.

And then, there are more accidents, including another 50-car pile-up, this one not as close to me, but close enough to where I can tell you how to get there (I think I've fetched students from over that way, before. More on that here.

I know that parts of 96 were also closed yesterday. Man, it was just a sucky day in the world of driving, yesterday. And I am at work when it starts to go postal, and my manager's like, "oh, it's not too bad." So I call Jordan from work to check on the roads and see if I should come out to the Well and he tells me to go home. Blah! Actually, stupid drivers are what make it bad. I had this guy cut me off and then slow down in front of me. You'd better believe that I felt my heart in my throat. Through some very frantic and tried efforts, I was able to stop Sadie and not spin out of control.

People and their 4-wheel drive. 4-wheel drive does not make you invincible!!

Be safe, my friends, drive slow and cautiously.

Love,

Asher

0 comments: