Tuesday, April 3

That's One Good Lasagna!!

We eat a lot of Italian at the Haven. It just happens that way.

It's cheap. You can make large amounts easily. Everyone likes it.

That's pretty much all we need to know.

We also eat a lot of Chicken. Do you have any idea how many things you can do with chicken?
It's ridiculous! We've even used chicken in place of beef in our spaghetti... hehe.

Last night Anna, my new roommate, and I made the most fantastic lasagna I've ever had... ever.

Sorry, Ma, Anna and I have you beat.

If I had been thinking, I would have taken a picture for you all.

It was beautiful.

I must mention the constant bickering that took place between Anna and I as we assembled the masterpiece. It was hilarious. I was laughing hysterically the entire time, arguing only because of the enjoyment I was getting from the whole ordeal. Sound mean? Don't worry, she was laughing, too.

In the end, we put more sauce on the lasagna (my argument), and it turned out great.

Okay, it was really a compromise.

Obsessed? Maybe. I love to cook. When it turns out well, I get very excited.

Picture a lasagna with 5 different cheeses, lots of fresh garlic, marinara sauce, steamed spinach leaves, beef, and mushrooms... mmmm.... seriously.

We also made lots of bread sticks with our own butter/garlic sauce with fresh garlic...

mmmmmmmm...

Tarah will be spreading the love next week by cooking for us! Menu is a SURPRISE!!
And to close, a picture of three of the beautiful women of the Haven:


Me, Tarah, and The Anna

-Asher
ps- for the first time EVER, we had NO LEFTOVERS at the Haven!! wow!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, Ashlove - all three of you look so beautiful!!! I love the picture!!! :-)

KB said...

mmm lasagna. that sounds amazing. i had a cheese sandwich for dinner. yum enough, but clearly not in the same league as chicken lasagna.

KB said...

PS - that is an amazing picture. you all look great, but you especially look amazing!