Wednesday, May 30

Phil 'o Min- take...15?

Well, folks... I just had to let you know that my FULL LENGTH Philosophy of Ministry is 2 pages in length. It's a very non-aesthetically pleasing two pages, but it's there... so now all I need to do is dress it up. I'm going to do some tweaking, but this baby covers VISION, MISSION, the NEED for youth ministry, how it FITS into a Church overall, DEFINES a couple key phrases like "holistically healthy," and then gives a few sentences each on EVANGELISM, DISCIPLESHIP, COMMUNITY, FAMILY, LEADERSHIP, FUN, TEACHING, ROLE OF YOUTH, and even my COMMITMENT as a youth pastor.

I'm happy. I didn't create product statements yet, so I guess it's not really done yet, but I have never been so darn confident about my philosophy of ministry. So I am happy, and I'm celebrating. Besides, product statements are easy. It's the mission statement that always gets me.

0 comments: