I went to a job fair today. Aza went as well. And as I sat there I was overcome by how stuffy it was in the room, everyone nervous, hoping they could be one of the lucky to receive a job. It was stiff! All I could think about was the huge white board and the six or seven different colored expo markers before me. Hangman. Ohhh hangman.
Tempting, but I resisted. A few minutes later Aza comes up behind me and asks if I want to play cards. So we pulled up a couple chairs to a table and played Fluxx. It was fun... and awkward once I realized that everyone was watching us... specifically me... (due to my more expressive nature) but definitely still fun. And as we were playing, Aza leans over and says, "I thought about writing on the white board, but I wasn't sure how it would be taken." Then another person, closely watching us, says, "we could play heads up, seven up."
Hehehe. Everyone laughed. It was great. When it came time for my interview, the interviewer apologized for the wait. I assured him that it was quite okay; we entertain ourselves!
Leave it to Aza and I to lighten up a situation.
I'll know next week about a new job. =)
AA
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment