I was faced with the decision to either go to youth group and serve the kids or stay home. At the beginning of the day I wanted nothing more than to not go to youth. I couldn't fathom serving kids when my heart and mind were so consumed by everything going on. But something happened while I was at work and when it was time for me to make the decision there was no decision to be made: I had to go to youth. Every bone in my body, every bit of my soul, everything knew that I had the responsibility to be there for those kids and to trust God to care for my concerns while I was there.
The evening was amazing. I made some outstanding connections with a couple kids and at the end of the night I was able to talk to the youth pastor. I'm not going to go into all the details of everything, but the conversation was so good. I felt heard and validated and it was so cool to get the reassurance and encouragement and support. Not just from him, but from other members of the team. They didn't really know all that was going on, but they were great and prayed with and for me and surrounded me with love and helped restore me with hope.
All that breathing today was good.
Breathe in.... (God loves me)
Breathe out... (nothing will ever change that)
Breathe in... (I am His daughter)
Breathe out... (He is a good father who cares for His children)
... breathe...
ps- I found this that I wrote as a description of myself back in Jan 07. It makes me smile now. I am SUCH a dork.


1 comments:
I SEE YOU!!
Post a Comment