Well, here I am. Actually, I've been here since 12:45 Friday afternoon. Where's here? Grand Rapids. Specifically Sparta, with my bud Rachel. When I got here we set right to work bringing my stuff in, in the rain. Then we rearranged her room so that two of us can fit. Not quite done yet, but I'll post pics when we get there.
Yesterday I spent a few hours by myself. It was great. I just read and wrote and thought. Then I went over to Eastown to see Megan. I watched her garden and we got pizza and watched Juno together. Afterwards she started unpacking her things. I love the friendships where words aren't necessary. Don't get me wrong, we talked, but when I wanted to sit and listen I could. Or if neither of us had something to say, that was fine. I also edited something for her. Just like old times :-) We hung out again today upon my promise I'd make at least one decision... I think that in light of everything that's happened in the past two months I've become amiable to a flaw. Kinda weird for someone who is normally more of a D.
Circumstances have been hard. And one of the most challenging things to work through is false accusations and unfair judgments. I have learned so much in the past two months, though. I have learned that it does not matter what others say about me, I am still just as valuable to God. People, even those we love, can misunderstand us, say false things about us, take our good actions and see them as evil, and yet we are no less loved, gifted, and valued. It is God who upholds and holds me. It is God who set me life in motion and who will be there when my mortal body quits.
In all this learning, though, their are still effects and affects of life's ongoings, and my extreme amiableness, I believe, is one of those effects.
My prayers, recently, have been something like, "Daddy, whatever will happen, will happen. Please help me to respond well, to stay near to you, to love immensely and genuinely, putting others before myself."
I gotta say there are days where I excel and days where I blow it. I'm just glad that because of Jesus my best and worst efforts are enough.
How's that for a random update?
First blog post
10 years ago

1 comments:
PINK!
PURPLE!
GAHHHH!!
Tee hee. :)
Post a Comment