Tuesday, August 19

My Life is like...

a never-ending "choose your own adventure" book...

...Always changing...

[I will be in Traverse City for two days [Aug 26, 27]. Why? Well, my baby brother (16 years old) asked me to come see him. And I want to see him. Plus, Vinny is scheduled for an appt. up there in the morning on the 26th. But honestly? As soon as my brother asked me to come up and see him, he became my focus. If you want to get together, I have time open in the afternoon on the 27th]


My life lately has taken an a theme of restoration. Sure, there is a self-element to this theme, but it's much larger than me. I have become the hands and feet of restoration; learning what love looks like lived out here in this way. Restoring relationships that encountered some kind of schism, restoring hope to some who are sensing darkness looming, restoring shalom (or at least assisting in its restoration) to youth who carry the weight of the world on their shoulders, restoring wonder and beauty and and love as the foundations of life with God.

It's an idea that, when you think about it, is so simple and easy and yet so challenging and demanding, all at the same time.

Think about it.

0 comments: