Tuesday, February 10

Coated in Spring Sludge...

...and I'm totally okay with it.

Sunshine makes everything easier to handle.

As I was running out the door today, I noticed an intense patch of ice at the end of the driveway. I traversed it well and made it safely to the other side to my car. As I was loading up, I realized I forgot fluxx, a must for coffee with Larry. I ran back inside, surviving the ice mountain, and got the cards. Coming back over my icy enemy, I slipped and flew, bum first, into a muddy puddle.

Mind you, I am wearing my khaki corduroys and light blue fleece. And now, the very fashionable accessory of "spring" sludge.

No time to change, I started to climb into my car, my bum and left arm coated with the anathama of the changing seasons, when the box my fluxx cards are kept in, gave way, releasing no fewer than 60 new game cards all over the sludge covered street.

Stunned stillness.

Deep breath in.
Equally deep breath out.

They're just cards.
And the sun is out.

And it's 50 degrees out at ten minutes to 8am

on February10th.

in Michigan.

Okay.
Yep.
I'm good.

I pick up the now coated cards
And go on my way.

An upside to someone cancelling?

I now have time to come home & do laundry.

And frolic in the sunshine.

Hopefully, this time, avoiding puddles of spring sludge!

-Asher Ninja

0 comments: