This afternoon while experimenting with some webdesign (I'm trying despretely to learn), I penned (keyed, is more like it) the following paragraphs. I think it's a rather accurate self-description. And I'm pretty proud of it.
Pen your own self description. It's a fun time. Let your personality shine for you. Share if you feel so inclined.
___
23 years old I've still got a huge appetite for knowledge and new experiences. Right along with the nerd stereotype, I loved college and sometimes even the homework that it required. I don't, however, like grades. They've become a measuring stick of "good-enoughness" that I'm not okay with. I love challenge, consistency, and the search for Truth. Which might be at least a small part of the reason my bud Aza and I are still friends after all these hills and valleys. :-)
I'm learning to take life as it comes and chase after my dreams all at once. It's a tough act to balance, but in the moments I manage to do so it allows me to be joyful when things don't go my way. I tend to be fairly passionate and compassionate which makes for an interesting life. Impulsive enough to cause trouble, I struggle making decisions where one option doesn't have a clear advantage to the others. It took me about 20 minutes one time to decide which tortellini noodle to buy. No, I'm not joking. My biggest pet peeves include lack of communication, people who don't do what they say, and life being all work and no play. I love working with teenagers, especially junior highers, writing, putting together print publications, and creating in general. I seek to listen, understand, and bless with all I say and do. Lofty goal? Yes. One full of tears... and smiles.
I'm a survivor at my core and, like anyone that's survived, I carry around a unique perspective on life, God, and all things important. I get angry for the abused, lonely, and neglected and enjoy playing hide & seek and peek-a-boo with little ones. I struggle to maintain a healthy self-image, but my struggle fuels my dream of opening up a center for young adult character and life-skills development.
Sometimes what you're looking for is staring right back at you.
Smile.
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment