Alright. It's been a rough 72 hours. Neck injuries, conflict at work, missing work from sickness, Dr's bills...
It's been a hefty bit to carry.
I bought shoes today. much needed, as the soles of my old ones were wearing off. Then I cleaned. And then hung out with a couple friends from out of town for dinner and such. Afterwards I was feeling the intense desire to be alone. So I parted with them and went for a walk downtown. I ended up in Horizon reading kids books. It was a good time. I then went home and informed Aza that I wasn't up to playing games and I'd see him later. I went to bed. It was 8:30pm. I just didn;t want to do anything but sleep and be alone.
But the Nistha (Knee-sh-tah) called and asked where I was. "In bed," was my response. "Why?" he probed. "Because I don't feel like doing anything."
"Can I persuade you to come?"
*sigh* "Maybe"
"I was really hoping you'd be there. I have something for you."
"Do you really want me there?"
"Yes."
So I got up and went. And we had ice cream and coconut rum drinks and I played my worst game of settlers ever. it was brutal. Especially because last time I played I kicked everyone's butt. I think I ended with 6 points? I had 8 but my longest road was stolen in the last move of the game. Not to mention that I kept rolling 7's and needing to discard half my hand right before I was going to make a big move. It seriously happened three times. But let's not go there any further.
So you might be wondering what Nistha had for me. Well, when he got there he handed me a check. I tried to give it back and protested, but he was kinda ignoring my pleas. So I said thank you and gave him a big hug. When I looked at it later I discovered that the check more than covers the medical expenses I acquired and will acquire for my neck injury.
O.o
And... I had a great time. =)
So I owe a thanks to 'Shta for dragging me out of bed, making me be social, and for paying for my medical expenses!
-Asher
First blog post
10 years ago

1 comments:
awesome, dude. your friends rock!
Post a Comment