Sunday, July 1

Ouch! My neck!-- The Updated Edition--

I injured my neck this afternoon. If praying is something you do now and then, might I ask for you to say a prayer for me?

I'm going to the Dr. in the AM and I'll know more afterwards. Thanks!

-Asher

7/2/07 1050am

Alright. So the story goes that yesterday I was on a trampoline and Aza was bouncing me pretty high because I think he thought my reaction was humorous. While this was happening, Karen rolled onto the trampoline and her rolling head collided with my descending neck and *bam* Cracking and moaning occured. At first I thought I'd be fine, but a couple minutes later I was covered in tears and unable to sit up without excruciating pain. After some careful lifting and moving... and a bit of time.. Kristin and Aza walked me in... fast forward several pain killers, a heating pad, and lots of pain later...

Today I found out that my chiropractor is closed for the entire week... this was very sad news since I was still in large amounts of pain and having a difficult time walking around... so I called around like a little orphan kid begging for food, hoping someone would have mercy on me and deliver me from pain...

I found someone and they took me right a way. I felt really bad for the Dr., I don't have normal issues and my posture is off even when it's not, so with a fair amount of conversation the diagnoises went forward. Two X-Rays later I hear that my vertebrates aren't cracked or broken. YAY... I'd dance for joy except I'm still in too much pain for that type of exuberant expression. We did discover that my head had been knocked back and over and was sitting lopsided. The adustment was pretty severe and left me feeling disoriented. The Dr. said that'd happen because my body no longer has to compensate for my lopsided head. oh. I see.

I'm on dizziness/naseua watch with a cell number to call. I go in again on Friday. Other than that, with some ice and a rolled up towel to support my neck, I should be good.

Again, thanks!

0 comments: