Friday, August 31

The "good" of a good day

Technically, the day isn't over.  Buuuut, I've had a great one so far, even though some less-than-ideal events occurred.

  • Lunch @ Mongolian BBQ with Shannon.  I splurged on dessert.  We both enjoyed.  Mmm...
  • Phone talk with Jim VanStensel.. yay! (For those interested: I will be making my way down to Grand Rapids the last weekend of September.  See you then!)
  • Alone time @ Borders.  Amazing.  
  •  I went to get gas.  I filled up.  I went to leave.  Sadie wouldn't start.  Seriously.
  • Some very friendly guys worked on my car until it started again.  Nice guys.  Thanks, guys. (I'll be asking for jumper cables for my birthday, this year.  Although, a jump wasn't what I needed this time, it'd still be a good idea. Hopefully my car will hold out for the weekend)  I really enjoy the fact that my car wouldn't start and I was stranded and I still enjoyed the process and am still having a greeat day.  =)
  • I've been getting lots of compliments on my hair, presentation, (clothes, looks), name and personality, lately.  It's not something I typically experience, but I'm to the point where I can smile and appreciate the words rather than ducking from them.  
  • Good conversation with Aza.  Twice so far this week. =)
  • Finished a book today.  Took life in stride.  Breathed.  Enjoyed.  Existed.
  • Sad thing of the day: Parker leaves for Chicago at 6am Saturday.  This is truly sad.

0 comments: