I am so tired.
I realized that I am a little stretched last night. I was downtown, leaving work after closing and I drove by a couple friends. We ended up grabbing a bite to eat. And as talked, this need for space hit me like a hungry tiger or something. It was one of the most intense desires I've had recently. So I called and cancelled a 1-1 for this morning, giving me a chance to breathe before starting my day. It also gives me a chance to pre-make dinner so I can eat at the church before youth and get some time-sensitive errands taken care of, as well. And tomorrow? I am going to rest! I am going to do whatever I want to do, I'm gonna sleep in, I'm gonna... be! I. am. so. excited.
The past few weeks I've gone from absolutely bored and lounging around to... whooa responsibility! It's crazy and exhausting, but I love it. I feel alive again, like I'm in (or getting there) my groove. And I know I won't feel as tired once I adjust, so I am looking forward to that.
The schedule and deadlines and built in accountability are really good for me. And, the leaders I am a part of are AMAZING people who have a heart for youth and are committed to the youth ministry. They are fun, creative, loving people that I have so much respect for.
For my friends that do read this, here's a rundown of what I'm working on right now:
- The 26th (two weeks) we're having a gwap night (games with a purpose). I'm orchestrating it and planning on doing the atomic marble game and another game that really doesn't have a name. It'll be something different and fun for the students. In between games we're gonna have discussion and mini lessons, and up until Monday I was under the impression the youth pastor was doing that, but apparently not so much. It'll be me! So I'm pretty excited! And nervous! It'll be the first time I've spoken since August 06, and first time since March 1 06 that I've taught at a youth group.
- I'm helping to develop a small group system for the youth group, something they've never had before. This seems to be a developing them in my go with youth ministry. And I looove it!
- Along with another leader, helping to get a last-minute trip to chicago on the go.
- And last, but not least: this curriculum thing for my pastor. It's driving me OUT OF MY SKULL. By far the most challenging project I've ever done. And that's saying something. But challenge is good and I've just got to find the right way to conquer this thing.

4 comments:
wow, dinner at 9:51am. i'm hungry. feed me. how 'bout Good Friday? good? kthxbai.
yesh, it's one of those necessary things. Wednesday nights are family nights at church, so you have several leaders (most of them YLs) fixing dinner in the church kitchen. Tonight there was a lasagna, baked chicken, and lemon peppercorn, all being cooked at once.
I kinda like it, it's got the community feel to it!
Hey you...are you trying ignore nice people like me in NY? See if I will write you nice email again...you better reply or else I will come and hunt you down in cherry city!
Theng
I'm sorry, Theng. I thought I had already emailed you back. I will email soon (this week, sometime)
Post a Comment