Sunday, March 2

lists of happiness

Recently life has been one crazy adventure with ups, downs, and loopdy-loops that rival the most intense rollercoasters. And I think I needed a dose of fun, despite all the pressures of life. So, yesterday DeAndra and I had, what we call, a "LAME day." It was a blast. We had lunch at my place, and I randomly discovered some extra money in my budget (where it appeared from, I have no idea!) so we went out and got our ears pierced. I got my second holes reopened and she got her cartiledge done. We then went and got shakes from frosty treat and came back to my place, watched a movie, made pizzas for dinner, and went off to Jacob's Well.

Honestly? It was the most fun I've had in TC for the LONGEST time. I know that I probably should have put the extra few dollars in the bank, but the bit of fun did my heart and soul wonders.

And then my exhausted self slept for 12 hours. 12 of them! With all the worries and stressors and expectations that have suddenly appeared in my life, I haven't been sleeping well. You know, wondering how I'm going to pay the bills, if this or that... questioning myself about this and that... I sometimes lay down for an entire night and feel, hour after hour, like I'm just on the brink of sleep, but that I'm still awake. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Well, I need to go get ready for work. Take care, friends. Don't forget to let go and have fun. It does the weary soul well!




This video makes me smile.

You can add to the list of happiness several awesome conversations at the Well tonight, along with a sing/dance-a-long to the temptations, Irish cream steamers with lots of whipped cream, lots of grilled cheese with a communal bowl of tomato soup for dipping, and a good dose of the Catechism... also at the Well... and you have one VERY happy Asher.

Is that redundant? Seeing that "ashar" is translated as "blessed" or "happy" you might have...

"one VERY happy blessed"
-or-
"one VERY happy happy"

hmmm...

Either way I am blessed and I am happy. And I am in awe with thanks to God for these couple days that have been an amazingly bright spot in a gray, gloomy, and challenging northern michigan winter!


Come, spring, come!!
:-)

0 comments: