Saturday, March 24

O Commander of Loudness

About 11pm last night Heather, Lindsey, and I ventured to Steak n' Shake for a midnight snack. When I'm exhausted, which I was (and am), I am slow and slightly less able to handle lots of stimuli.

I don't have much of a bubble. It was popped.

Our original waiter was a character, to say the least.

He came up to our booth, and I'm looking at Lindsey and Heather who are across from me, so I didn't see our waiter walking up. He sat down next to me... and by next to me, I mean our thighs were sharing booth space...

I looked over, shocked and fully over-stimulated. My face was enough to get the ladies laughing. He then rests his head on my shoulder. I felt like telling him, "Listen, mister, I know I'm a beautiful sungoddess, but I have standards."

I'm probably red at this point and definitely creeped-out. He made some comments about beautiful ladies, I tell him we weren't ready to order, and he gets up, shouts (loudly, mind you), "I'm sorry ladies, but I just can't sit with you in you booth." I gave him a look. His boss gave him a look. He disappeared for a few minutes.

Upon his return, he informs, "I won't be taking care of you tonight. I'm tired and I'm going to go home and get a couple beers." (looks over at me)

I'm thinking, Ooohhh, I'm really attracted now. Oh baby, oh baby...

An older woman finished waiting on us. My Prince Charming said he was going to go home, but we saw him scrubbing floors... hmmm...

Oh, Steak n' Shake! Thanks for the laughs.

0 comments: