Friday, July 27

Just a bad day (edited)

I need a hug. I need someone to not be rude, to not assume.
I need a hug. Today's been rough.
I need a hug. And maybe a piece of chocolate.
But mostly a hug.

I feel as though I should explain this. If only I knew how. All day today customers were cantancorous and rude. Managers were cranky and withdrawn and barking orders.

I got some new dress clothes today. Lindsey and I like to randomly try clothes on together and take a pic or two. Unfortunately for me, everything I picked out looked great. Unfortunate because I have a very limited budget for clothing. There were two outfits, one a dress and one a skirt, that looked equally great... which, for the dress, is saying something because I've worn a dress once in the past 6+ years. Go me. Soooo... I ended up with the skirt/shirt combo. A couple more dollars but far more vesatile in use. And while I didn't get chocolate, I did get ice cream. And I was able to treat a couple good friends to some iced cream as well. It made me feel good to be able to get them something.




I continue to recieve encouragement and exhortation and as "uncomfortable" as it is, I think I might be growing because of it.

Another note: tomorrow I am retreating up north with a friend of mine. We hope to spend some QT together, but I really hope to get some God-Asher-nature time while up there, too. I will be "seeking His face" and trying to refocus my life. I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Breathing,

Asher

0 comments: