Okay, I meant to peace off the net as of yesterday, but because of my failure to think through things, it'll be another day or two. Basically, my church does a media fast every year, and while they aren't starting that portion of our 40-day church wide fast for another 2 weeks or so, I'm on the net a lot and want to start early. So, this will be my last (I think?) post for a while.
I cannot even try to tell you how exciting it is to be working as a part of a youth ministry again. It's fun! It's also very nerve-shaking for me as I'm confronting fear and questioning my "skills." Almost always I feel inadequate and fear that Pastor Jay (the YP) will come up to me, tell me I'm a fraud, and disallow me to be around the kids. I know that's not really going to happen (or at least I hope!) but I fear it, nonetheless. I find myself being fairly timid around the kids and having to force myself to talk with them. I remember feeling this way the first month of my internship at GR First and am hoping that with time it will fade.
Memories! Lindsey and I made some today!










A note: I did, in fact, take more of Lindsey. They're on her camera and she uploaded them for me, so I have far more pictures of myself! (btw: I'm the redhead, she's the blonde, and I'm wearing her super-sweet hat)
This last one is of Jay, the Youth Pastor at my church. Lindsey and I decided we wanted to get him a funny gift, so we found a mug at the hope chest that reads, "You are a very special uncle." Hehe. I'm quite proud of us!
AA
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment