The sheer joy I am experiencing now.. I can't really explain it! I returned from a long weekend in Grand Rapids (my home away from home) just two and a half hours ago. I already miss it; longing for the environment of love, encouragement, and joy that I have down there. Prior to heading for GR I felt worn out and lacked confidence in my ability to survive the winter. Just an hour and a half into my vacation there I began to feel renewed, loved, significant. I had more energy than I knew what to do with. Strange, huh?
I talked with Dr. Adams, who shared some of his own ministry experiences that helped me realize, seeing where he is now and knowing many of the things God has used him in, that one bad go of it isn't the end of me... or anyone else... in ministry. After that I hung out with Perini (mentor/friend 1) for a while, spent some quality time with Heather, had dinner at B-dubs, etc. The next day I went to chapel and simply "was" in the company of 300 or so, albeit tired and sluggish, of my peers. I then had coffee with Larry (mentor/friend 2), Lunch with Christine (mentor/friend 3), and spent the rest of the day with Megan, the Birthday girl. Saturday, Heather and I (along with a couple others) went to lunch and a movie and then went home to her family's, went shopping for Superbowl with the girls, went to coffee with Brad and Rebekah, and then to bed. Sunday was Church and the Superbowl. And then I left. Boo. On the upside, I got to see some friends and the Well when I got in town. Including this man:
This post is kinda list-y, and for that I apologize, but the refreshing that my soul received cannot be overstated. And I'll write some specific thoughts later. But for now, I must rest.
Peace,
AA
First blog post
10 years ago

1 comments:
ooooooh! cutie patootey!
Post a Comment